Road trips are a fantastic way to explore the world, and RV travel has become increasingly popular in recent years. With an RV, you have the freedom to travel wherever you want and stay for as long as you want. If you’re looking for some inspiration for your next RV adventure, here are 15 of the most unusual RV road trips you could take.
- Dalton Highway, Alaska The Dalton Highway is a remote, 414-mile road that runs from the town of Livengood to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. It’s an incredibly scenic drive through rugged terrain, with stunning views of the Alaskan wilderness.
- The Pacific Coast Highway, California The Pacific Coast Highway is one of the most beautiful drives in the world, with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the California coastline. It’s a great RV trip for those who love to surf, hike and explore charming coastal towns.
- Route 66, Illinois to California Route 66 is one of the most iconic road trips in the United States. This historic route runs from Chicago, Illinois, to Santa Monica, California, and is filled with quirky roadside attractions, historic landmarks, and stunning landscapes.
- The Great River Road, Mississippi River The Great River Road is a 2,500-mile route that follows the Mississippi River from its headwaters in Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. Along the way, you’ll encounter small towns, historic sites, and beautiful scenery.
- The Loneliest Road, Nevada U.S. Route 50 in Nevada is known as the “Loneliest Road in America.” It’s a desolate stretch of highway that passes through some of the most remote and beautiful landscapes in the American West.
- The Overseas Highway, Florida Keys The Overseas Highway is a 113-mile road that runs from Key Largo to Key West, Florida. It’s one of the most scenic drives in the country, with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Icefields Parkway, Canada The Icefields Parkway is a 144-mile road that runs through the Canadian Rockies, connecting Banff and Jasper National Parks. It’s a breathtaking drive with stunning views of glaciers, lakes, and snow-capped peaks.
- The Dempster Highway, Yukon Territory The Dempster Highway is a remote, 456-mile road that runs from Dawson City to Inuvik, in the Northwest Territories. It’s an incredible drive through some of the wildest and most beautiful landscapes in Canada.
- The Atlantic Ocean Road, Norway The Atlantic Ocean Road is a 5.2-mile road that runs through a series of small islands and skerries in western Norway. It’s an incredibly scenic drive with stunning views of the Norwegian Sea.
- The Garden Route, South Africa The Garden Route is a 200-mile stretch of road that runs along the southern coast of South Africa. It’s a scenic drive through some of the country’s most beautiful landscapes, with opportunities for hiking, wildlife viewing, and beachcombing.
- The Gibb River Road, Australia The Gibb River Road is a 660-mile road that runs through the remote Kimberley region of Western Australia. It’s a challenging drive through rugged terrain, with stunning views of gorges, waterfalls, and ancient rock art.
- The Ring Road, Iceland The Ring Road is an 828-mile road that encircles the island of Iceland. It’s a stunning drive through some of the most spectacular landscapes on earth, with opportunities for hiking, glacier walks, and hot springs.
- The Transfagarasan Highway, Romania The Transfagarasan Highway is a 56-mile road that runs through the Carpathian Mountains in Romania. It is a challenging drive, with hairpin turns and steep ascents, but the views of the surrounding mountains are well worth it.
- The Silk Road, Central Asia The Silk Road was a network of trade routes that connected the East and West, spanning thousands of miles across Asia. Today, you can follow in the footsteps of ancient traders by traveling the Silk Road by RV, stopping to explore the many historic sites and cultural landmarks along the way.
- The Pan-American Highway, Alaska to Argentina The Pan-American Highway is the world’s longest road, stretching more than 19,000 miles from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, to Ushuaia, Argentina. It’s a true adventure, with a diverse range of landscapes, cultures, and experiences to be had along the way.
15 Most Unusual RV Road Trips
These 15 Unusual RV Road Trips are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the incredible journeys you can take on the road. Whether you’re looking for stunning scenery, historic landmarks, or cultural experiences, there’s an RV trip out there for everyone. So pack your bags, hit the road, and get ready to explore the world in a whole new way.